California Energy Consultant Service is the Best Window Contractor in Greater Sacramento for New Construction Window Installations
As normal wear and tear take their toll, your windows can lose their built-in energy efficiency and even eventually form leaks. This can also lead to other issues over time, as the quality and value of your home will begin to drop.
It can be expensive to replace windows, but you do have several options at your disposal. You can “retrofit” your windows, meaning a new window will be placed into the old window frame. This choice can be cheaper but comes with style and quality limitations. The other option is to get “new construction” windows, which involve creating new openings frames and windows for your property. This means a wider variety of choices for your windows and fewer limits on what you can have installed.
You can get both new construction and retrofit windows from Cal Energy, your Sacramento window contractor. Our staff can provide you with a free estimate and details about your window options. We serve the entire greater Sacramento area, so if you’re ready to speak with us, call (916) 971-0716 or get in touch with us using our online scheduling form.
What Exactly Are “New Construction” Windows?
A window is typically installed by connecting a window and frame to the foundation of your home filling in the space around it with drywall and siding. This creates a seamless design for your window. This means that when your local contractor is looking to update a window, they can either replace the entire window, frame, and drywall originally installed, or they can simply put a new window in the hole that the old window left behind.
The latter option is what we call a “retrofit” window and, while more affordable, loses that built-in look that many associate with well-designed window construction. The former option is what is typically referred tto as a “new construction” window or “full frame window,” and it lends itself to considerably more adaptability and quality when completed.
The result is a window that appears to have been part of the property since construction but is now newer and more energy-efficient.
What Strengths Do New Construction Windows Offer
In Sacramento, where many of us have windows that are several decades old, new construction windows offer several advantages over the less comprehensive retrofit option. The following are a few advantages of new construction windows:
- Wider Variety of Window Options – Because new construction means that the previous window, window frame, and supporting drywall will be removed, the homeowner will be able to select any style of window they want, and in any size they wish.
- Maintain a Built-In Look – Maintaining a built-in look for your windows is often a more appealing and efficient option for many homeowners, and is also a proven way to raise the value of your property.
- Greater Energy-Efficiency – Retrofit windows may prevent some air from leaking out of your home, but not if the window’s frame has been damaged in any way. Since many of our homes in Northern California are quite old, air leaks may only be fixed with the new construction installation method, which can eliminate most leaks.
New construction windows also often tend to be much larger than older windows or even most retrofit options. This means that your property can continue to look beautiful with lots of natural light while giving you the freedom to find the perfect windows for your home.
Weaknesses of New Construction Windows
While the benefits of new construction windows are extensive. This doesn’t mean that they are right for every home. Cal Energy is dedicated to making sure we offer not only the best solutions for your window needs but also the right solution for you specifically. By laying out the pros and cons of new construction windows, we are certain you will be able to make an informed decision that our skilled team will be able to implement with skill and speed.
Before you settle on new construction windows, make sure to take the following factors into account:
- Longer Construction Timeline – The time it takes to install your windows will have to be longer because there will be more work involved in the process. Depending on the number of windows you need installed, the project length could be increased by several days or more.
- More Expensive Than Other Options – New construction windows are more expensive than retrofit options. The cost of your project will typically increase because of the higher labor costs as well as the additional parts and materials required. If your construction project is operating on a budget, there may be better options.
- Several Steps in the Installation Process – New construction windows take more than just window installation to complete. They will also require drywall and siding replacement as well as a new coat of paint to make the installation look seamless.
We believe in honesty and transparency. Our sales team is more than happy to consult with you on these different options and find solutions that make the most sense for your needs. Cal Energy can help you decide if they are the right choice for your current construction project, and then walk you through the process so all your expectations are accurate moving forward.
Why Choose Cal Energy for New Construction Windows in California?
California Energy Consultant offers full-service contractor services with a particular passion for energy efficiency. Because of this, we are exceptionally skilled at window installation.
Cal Energy has developed energy-saving techniques for much of the Northern California area, so we are fully aware of what is required for a window to look its best while also functioning efficiently. We are dedicated to lowering your energy bill, preventing air leakage, and helping the environment one home at a time.
Schedule Your Window Estimate Today
California Energy Consultant Service is the top company in the greater Sacramento location if you’re looking for new or replacement windows that will minimize your electricity bill. Our concern for both your house and the environment reflects our dedication to offering cost-effective and energy-efficient solutions. If you are ready to speak with one of our experts, don’t hesitate to call us at (916) 971- 0716 or fill out our online form. We can even set up a time to visit your house to give you our recommendations on how to improve your property with efficient and sustainable remodeling options.