California Energy Consultant Service is a California Window Replacement Company with Access to the Best Retrofit Windows
Windows are not designed to last forever and replacements will be needed eventually. That’s why our mission at California Energy Consultant Service is to offer you the most energy-efficient windows available, with construction costs that you can afford.
Our teams at Cal Energy are experts in installing retrofit windows, an option commonly referred to as replacement windows. We are more than happy to visit any home in the greater Sacramento area for a free estimate. For more information, don’t hesitate to call us right away at (916) 971- 0716.
What Are Retrofit Windows?
There are two primary options when you are choosing to replace your windows. The first process is often referred to as “new construction” windows. This involves removing your windows, frames, and the drywall or siding that is holding the window in place and giving it that built-in look. This option is rather expensive but will result in new windows that look like they were always there.
The other option at your disposal is a replacement window installation, or “retrofit” window. This option only requires that you pull out the old window and have a new exact replacement installed in its place. While this option is significantly cheaper and requires far less labor, your windows will lose that built-in look, and your options for changing the look of your home’s windows will be limited.
Why Are Replacement Windows So Popular?
Retrofit windows have recently become a common choice in the Sacramento area. There are several advantages to retrofit windows that make it a favorable choice for many construction projects, a few of which include:
- Less Damage Done to Your Property – The further you dig into your home’s construction, the more work and problems you are going to discover. By only needing to replace the window itself with your older window frames, you are less likely to find issues that will need to be dealt with immediately.
- More Affordable Pricing – With less labor required, retrofit windows are always going to be the cheaper option over new construction windows. You also will not need to break down any of the drywall or siding you have previously installed in your home, saving you money on materials.
- Short Installation Timeframe – Less labor also equals quicker window replacements. Because you will not need to make room for bigger windows or build the new option into the wall itself, the installation time for retrofit windows will be much shorter.
Retrofit windows are a wonderful option if you are looking to improve the energy efficiency of your home while also saving on your expensive construction costs. While there are limited options in style, the quality of new retrofit windows and the advantages of picking them over new construction cannot be questioned when keeping to a budget is on the mind.
What Are the Downsides of Retrofit Windows?
There is no shame in retrofit windows not being the right choice for your property, however. With limited options and potential quality issues, if your window frames have been damaged, new construction windows often offer a more assured option for upscale renovation projects.
If you are looking to see if retrofit windows are the right option for your current construction, these are a few features to keep in mind:
- Lack of that “Bult-In” Look – New construction windows involve stripping away the old frame, drywall, and siding of your home so that the new window can still keep that original built-in look. This means a retrofit window will be noticeable, though the quality of the window will still be high.
- Limited Style Options – While retrofit options are a fantastic choice if you already love the windows you have, because they are installed directly into the pre-existing frames you will be limited on the different styles or sizes you can install in your home. The windows you choose will need to be a precise fit to your old windows.
- Quality Issues with Damaged Window Frames – If your window frames are older or leaking already then retrofit window replacement may not even be an option. When looking to improve the energy efficiency of your home, retrofit windows need the old frames to be in working order, or else you will be looking at the same energy bill, simply with newer glass installed in the same old leaky frame.
There are a handful of disadvantages to picking retrofit windows for your next renovation. Despite this, the retrofit has become an incredibly popular option in the great Sacramento area for their convenience and ease. Often when we are looking to improve the quality of our windows, budget is going to be at the top of our minds, and there is no more affordable option than retrofit replacement windows.
Why Choose Cal Energy for Retrofit Windows in California?
If you are looking for new or replacement windows that will lower your energy bill, California Energy Consultant Service is the best contractor in the greater Sacramento area. We care about both your home and the environment around us. This means we are dedicated to providing affordable options and expert service.
Don’t hesitate to give us a call at (916) 971-0716 if you are ready to speak with one of our experts. We can also schedule a time to come look at your home and offer our advice on how best to upgrade your property with efficient and sustainable renovation options.